Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur is organizing a first-of-its-kind Science Communication Conclave during February 28-29, 2020. The Conclave will bring together researchers and science journalists at a two-day workshop for an exchange of ideas, knowledge and resources, paving the way for better communication of scientific information and developments to a wider, general audience.
Journalists, communication/PR officers, science writers, students who are either pursuing journalism studies or are interested in science writing, to participate in this Conclave
- interact with and learn from top journalists and communicators in the field
- learn how to read academic publications on research in diverse fields
- understand the areas of research notably aligned with current national priorities in policy and governance
- network with science journalists and leading scientists
Format of Conclave
- Presentations by eminent journalists and editors from foreign & Indian media on global and national best practices in Science Communication/Journalism and the role of the academic fraternity
- Panel discussion involving researchers in various domains
- Presentations by members of IIT faculty on emerging research areas
- Interactive sessions involving journalists and researchers
Click Here to know more about the Panels
Registration: Last Date: February 10, 2020 [REGISTRATION CLOSED]
Please pay the participation fee by February 18, 2020, to ensure the availability of accommodation facilities.
For more information please write to email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Share the Conclave Poster