Community

IIT Kharagpur Conducts Road Safety Training for Kolkata Police

IIT Kharagpur Conducts Road Safety Training for Kolkata Police

IIT Kharagpur conducts Road Safety Training for the officers of Kolkata Traffic Police & Transport Department, initiating capacity building in road safety through four rounds of training program. The training program was inaugurated yesterday in Police Training School (PTS), Kolkata by Shri V K Goyal, Learned Commissioner of Kolkata Police, in the presence of Prof. V K Tewari, Director, IIT Kharagpur; Shri Hari Kishore Kusumakar, Additional Commissioner of Police, Kolkata, several senior officials of Kolkata Police and experts from IIT Kharagpur. Around 200 officers of Kolkata Police are being trained by the team of faculty members from IIT Kharagpur that…
Read More
The Soul Set Free

The Soul Set Free

When I come to the end of the road And the sun has set for me I want no rites in a gloom-filed room Why cry for a soul set free? Miss me a little - but not too long And not with your head bowed low. Remember the love that we once shared Miss me but let me go For this is a journey that we all must take And each must go alone Its all a part of the Master's plan A step on the road to home When you are lonely and sick of heart Go to…
Read More
The Lost Heart

The Lost Heart

Death is a shout of silent breathe I shall reside in your airy heath You will be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday This journey of life has been a pray Nothing is hurt and nothing is lost A brief moment that will soon exhaust For this is a journey, we all must intake We shall laugh at the parting ways For we will meet again I am the soft star that will remain And if a tear starts to fall I shall catch it through it all I am with you when the times are good To share a…
Read More
The Unforgettable Soul – Markose Thomas Memorial Award

The Unforgettable Soul – Markose Thomas Memorial Award

'Be in love with your life. Every minute of it' - Markose Thomas The loss of a life is always mournful. The pain of losing someone is a shared emotion that we as humans endure with the silent grief of remembrance. No one can heal the heart that lost its purpose of existence, the least we can do is have empathy towards the departed soul. The physical presence may have perished but the aura of their beautiful soul shall remain forever. When we recollect to remember their attributes, we think of the ways they have contributed in our respective lives,…
Read More
Science is Nothing but a Refinement of Everyday Thinking – National Science Day 2023

Science is Nothing but a Refinement of Everyday Thinking – National Science Day 2023

Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less. Science of today is the technology of tomorrow. The whole of science is nothing but a refinement of everyday thinking. It is simply the word we use to describe a method of organizing our curiosity. Knowing our science is our way of thinking. Every year on February 28, National Science Day is commemorated to mark the discovery of the ‘Raman Effect’ by Indian Scientist and Physician C.V. Raman, which became operational on February 28, 1928.…
Read More
Great Innovations only happen when people aren’t afraid to do things differently – YIP 2022

Great Innovations only happen when people aren’t afraid to do things differently – YIP 2022

Young Innovators Programme (YIP)  2022 conducted by IIT Kharagpur Every once in a while, a new technology, an old problem, and a big idea turns into an innovation. Today it is not about how creative, how economical or how formative your idea is, it is about the thought and purpose of making an idea happen. We call India a diversified country, where solutions are evaluated based on the problems related to our socio-economic dynamism. As the nation with the youngest population, our GenZ also known as the Millennials, bring out fresh ideas to our age old problems in their unique…
Read More
The Journey of Remembrance – 19th Alumni Meet of IIT Kharagpur

The Journey of Remembrance – 19th Alumni Meet of IIT Kharagpur

The chilly January brought with it new genesis of transformation, new endearings and reminiscence of forever bonds which spreads a warmth that surrounds the Institution with happy faces, when we see our Alums back on the campus. The old building once again echoed with familiar laughters and famous campus stories that surrounded the batches of 1973, 1983 and 1998 who commemorate the grand celebration of the 19th Alumni Meet from 6th to 8th January 2023. For the first time ever in the history of IIT an entire batch came forward to give back together to their alma mater a gift…
Read More
The Dreamers of Young India – IIT Kharagpur celebrated its 68th Convocation

The Dreamers of Young India – IIT Kharagpur celebrated its 68th Convocation

Look who we are, we are the dreamers We make it happen, ’cause we believe it Look who we are, we are the dreamers We make it happen ’cause we can see it Here’s to the ones, that keep the passion Here’s to the ones, that can imagine... Dedicated to the Kgpians 2022!   Creating a historic benchmark by crossing 1600 plus offers in the Phase I of placement season 2022, IIT Kharagpur celebrated its 68th Convocation on December 24, 2022. Shri Peter Chan, Founder & CEO of Herons Bonsai, United Kingdom graced the occasion as the Chief Guest. Dr. Rajendra Prasad…
Read More
Women’s Leadership Conclave 2022

Women’s Leadership Conclave 2022

As India enters its 76th year of Independence, it aims to reclaim its status of Vishwa Guru by 2047 where the role of women leaders is crucial in the diverse fields of our society to create a balance. With a drive to encourage women empowerment, Partha Ghosh Academy of Leadership at IIT Kharagpur organized the first of its kind Women’s Leadership Conclave from 26th to 27th November 2022 on “Women – The Backbone of Society,” in Netaji Auditorium. Eminent women guest speakers like Dr. Kiran Bedi, Ex. Lt Governor of Puducherry and a Megsaysay Awardee along Smt. Premlata Agarwal, Padmashri,…
Read More
In My Remembrance

In My Remembrance

Remember me when you are alone In your forever story, my footprints are bygone Leaving you with memories of playful pleasures Wake up to a new tomorrow of worldly adventures Keep me in your heart with an unconscious mind I will flow through you with an essence far behind Tears might bother reality and hopes to embrace You will always be...in my remembrance - Poulami Mondal IIT Kharagpur mourns the loss of our beloved Alumni Shri. Ashish Mukherjee, 1980, B.Tech Electrical from Azad Hall at the age of 64 on 4th December at 3am. His career reads like an incredible…
Read More